I love having an omelette for lunch. It goes well with many ingredients: mushrooms, sweet peppers, cheese, and even leftovers from last night’s dinner. It’s healthy, easy to make and tasty. I guess you can have it for dinner too, but I personally prefer it for breakfast or lunch 😉
A handful of baby spinach, washed and drained
Crumbled blue cheese
Salt and pepper
Unsalted butter for greasing
- Grease a frying pan with some butter over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked spinach to a small plate/bowl and press very gently to extract any liquid.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Grease the pan again with some butter over medium heat. Pour in the beaten eggs, then tilt the pan so they can spread out evenly.
- Leave for 20 seconds, then add the cooked spinach over half the omelette. Add the crumbled blue cheese on top.
- Using a spatula, loosen the edges of the omelette and carefully fold it over to enclose the filling.
- Let omelette cook until mostly cooked and cheese melted, then serve immediately.
Don’t forget you can subscribe to this blog and get all my recipes and updates via email.