I love having an omelette for lunch. It goes well with many ingredients: mushrooms, sweet peppers, cheese, and even leftovers from last night’s dinner. It’s healthy, easy to make and tasty. I guess you can have it for dinner too, but I personally prefer it for breakfast or lunch 😉
A handful of baby spinach, washed and drained
Crumbled blue cheese
Salt and pepper
Unsalted butter for greasing
- Grease a frying pan with some butter over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked spinach to a small plate/bowl and press very gently to extract any liquid.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Grease the pan again with some butter over medium heat. Pour in the beaten eggs, then tilt the pan so they can spread out evenly.
- Leave for 20 seconds, then add the cooked spinach over half the omelette. Add the crumbled blue cheese on top.
- Using a spatula, loosen the edges of the omelette and carefully fold it over to enclose the filling.
- Let omelette cook until mostly cooked and cheese melted, then serve immediately.
Did you try this recipe? Share with me on Twitter and tag @dailyteaspoon or #dailyteaspoon!
Don’t forget you can subscribe to this blog and get all my recipes and updates via email.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.