1kg pork spare ribs
1 red onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2tbsp olive oil
55g granulated sugar
300g tomato ketchup
550ml dark soy sauce
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan.
- Heat pan in medium heat, add olive oil, onions and garlic, turn down the heat and fry for 4-5 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add sugar, keep stirring for 1-2 minutes until the sugar has melted.
- Add ketchup and soy sauce, mix all together. bring to the boil, turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Arrange spare ribs in a deeper roasting tray, pour the sauce all over.
- Cover the tray with foil and put it in the preheated oven for 2 hours. Increase temperature to 180°C/160°C fan, remove the foil, spoon out the excess sauce, cook for 30-45 minutes more. Check halfway through cooking. if the sauce is drying out or spare ribs are too dry, add the sauce you’ve put aside in the last step.
- Let the spare ribs rest for a few minutes, then serve with salad.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
One Comment Add yours