1kg pork spare ribs
1 red onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2tbsp olive oil
55g granulated sugar
300g tomato ketchup
550ml dark soy sauce
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan.
- Heat pan in medium heat, add olive oil, onions and garlic, turn down the heat and fry for 4-5 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add sugar, keep stirring for 1-2 minutes until the sugar has melted.
- Add ketchup and soy sauce, mix all together. bring to the boil, turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Arrange spare ribs in a deeper roasting tray, pour the sauce all over.
- Cover the tray with foil and put it in the preheated oven for 2 hours. Increase temperature to 180°C/160°C fan, remove the foil, spoon out the excess sauce, cook for 30-45 minutes more. Check halfway through cooking. if the sauce is drying out or spare ribs are too dry, add the sauce you’ve put aside in the last step.
- Let the spare ribs rest for a few minutes, then serve with salad.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.